SENIORS TRANSITION SERVICES (STS) of the UPSTATE was created to serve the specific needs of our senior citizens as they prepare plans and strategies to maintain control of their environment and quality of life. Many seniors face challenges and stress involving their health care, real estate needs, legal and financial matters, relocation to another residence including a seniors community, remodeling their home, long term care choices, and many more situations. All of these items can be very time consuming, frustrating and stressful.
SENIORS TRANSITION SERVICES will personally and professionally assist seniors through these many tasks and issues. One telephone call to 864-678-5300 will connect you to one of our Seniors Specialists who will provide assistance, guidance, and counsel for the above items and many more. Please call or email for a no-obligation meeting to discuss your needs.
Our team of Senior Transition experts will assist and guide you through the decision making process of:
In addition we can provide you contact information for the following:
If you are planning to make some changes to your home that will require hiring a contractor, here are some things to consider:
1. List the items you want done. Think carefully about what you want and write them down.
2. Get recommendations on contractors from family and friends. Who did they use. Were they satisfied with the work done; the time it took, the price. Would they use them again!
3. Do research on the list you got. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there were complaints against them.
4. Check them out. Make sure they do the kind of work you are interested in and are they licensed and bonded.
5. Get estimates from at least 3 contractors. Total cost, start and completion dates, labor and material costs.
6. Get everything in writing. A written, clear contract is extremely important. Never, ever sign anything with a blank in it, and always get a copy of what you sign.
7. Do not pay the final bill until the job is completed to your satisfaction and complies with local building codes. When completed, get a statement from the contractor that all of his subcontractors have been paid in full and that your bill has been paid in full.
If you need any additional help, please call us at 864-678-5300.
This is the second in a series of posts about strategies for staying safely at home as health care needs change. The last post covered home health. This time we’ll look at Personal Care. The series, one more to follow, is to help you realize that goal that’s help by most all Americans: stay safely at home despite the challenges that come from disease or disability.
It bears repeating: we know that most care is provided by family. It’s probably even more so when it comes to Personal Care. As a care providing company, Interim HealthCare seeks to come alongside family and other informal caregivers to support, supplement and complement family caregivers. We respect and honor family caregivers.